Monday, July 23, 2012

Consuming

Thank you to my very faithful blog readers, some of you who have checked in on me since I've been MIA the last few weeks. So sorry to worry you, but I've been consumed with a very big house project. For the last month I've been in kitchen remodel land -- layout, cabinet choices, counter tops, flooring, appliances, sinks, faucets, paint and tile just to name the major decisions. It's been fun, but stressful (good stress of course) and very involved. We actually started the demo this past Saturday and have the entire contents of our kitchen, including our refrigerator in our dining area. 

The hubs and some very kind family and friends are doing all the demo and installation, which adds to the stress of the project, but makes it possible by saving us on labor costs. They'll just get lots of praise and food. We are lucky to have such skilled and willing people to help us.

Here are a few pics of our life over the past weeks. I'll post before and afters when it's all done and beautiful. I can't wait. Plus my dream of a dishwasher is finally coming true, I could cry I'm so excited.

 The final layout, we are doubling our cabinet and counter top space.

 I know this is sideways, but I'm lazy so maybe turn your head? Here the flooring we picked up, too bad we realized yesterday it wasn't the right kind and had to go back and get the correct stuff. Oh well, adventures in remodeling.

 I got to go to the countertop slab yard and pick out our actual piece of counter top. It was so cool, I felt so HGTVish. 

 Again, sideways, sorry. I did just a little bit of demo and I loved it. Unfortunately the boys had to do all the back breaking work.

Big hammer, little hammer. Team Chronicles of Crap ready for the chaos that will bring such awesomeness. 

No comments: