Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thirty True


Today marks another year for me, today I turn 32 -- yes it's true. And in my cheese ball fashion, I've decided this will be my Thirty True year. Not quite sure what that means, but since I've dubbed my last two years, I'm just going with it.

Want to check out my Thirty and Flirty post, go here & Thirty Fun, here.

And so far this actual birthday is already better than the last two -- I was 12 days out of K-pouch surgery on my 30th bday and still hooked up to the constant drain and higher than a kite and I had the stomach flu last year. So yippee for small victories. Is this a sign, gosh I hope so.

To kick off my Thirty True year, I thought I'd come up with a list of 32 true, completely random and probably not very interesting facts about me. I know it's a little narcissistic, sorry. But I will say it is dang hard to come up with this many things about yourself, I've been working on it in my head for weeks -- it's not been a pretty thing.

Without further adieu...
  1. November is my favorite month, not because it's my birthday, but because I love the true fall weather that finally arrives, I love all the thoughts on thankfulness and the start of the holiday season.
  2. I love condiments, dipping sauces, whatever. My favorite, Catalina dressing! Weird but so true, and I absolutely love it on white sticky rice.
  3. Speaking of white rice, it's my comfort food, but only the kind made in a rice cooker. That's how I grew up and I just can't do stove top rice.
  4. Growing up, I was a dancer, that was my main extra curricular activity and I loved it. But the reason I started dance is because I was so clumsy as a child, my parents thought it would help give me a little grace;)
  5. The hubs and I met in kindergarten, and we went to every school together from there, but we didn't start dating until our sophomore year in college.
  6. My favorite movies are A Chorus Line and The Princess Bride.
  7. I carry tweezers in my purse, you never know when a hair is going to go rogue on you.
  8. When I was in college, I was the president of the Public Relations Student Society of America at my school.
  9. I have a BA in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing.
  10. I'm currently addicted to having a hot beverage at night -- either a hot chocolate or chai tea. Oh how I love the Keurig!
  11. I still have a check register in my purse, write down each transaction and balance our accounts to the penny, even though we bank online.
  12. I'm named after a song. My dad heard it on the radio while my mom was pregnant and said he wanted to name me that if I was a girl. My mom said sure as long as she could decide the spelling. I love the song, it's kind of tragic, but beautiful and I love the story of how I got my name.
  13. I absolutely LOVE musicals, always have, always will.
  14. Similarly, I love to sing along to songs and when I'm really getting into it I use my pointer finger on my right hand as a microphone.
  15. But I'm not a fan of what I call angry music. The songs that have a nice catchy, sometimes deep flow and then it all goes wrong when they start screaming or yelling in the middle and it really grates on my nerves. You know what I'm talking about.
  16. I have an extremely efficient morning routine when I have to get up and go somewhere. I have it timed perfectly as to maximize the time I get to stay in bed. No dilly dallying along here.
  17. One day in the sixth grade, after school my parents surprised my brother and I with a puppy. A yellow lab named Cosmo, sweet sweet girl. When my mom told us on the way home that there was surprise, I thought we were going to Disneyland (they had surprised us with a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth not long before that) I won't lie, I was slightly disappointed, haha;) But man did I love that dog.
  18. It really makes me nervous when the DVR has too many recorded shows on it that we haven't watched. That's why we can't commit to too many shows.
  19. I really don't like cartoons on TV, kids or adult versions. I like Disney movies and Pixar and that's about it.
  20. I prefer pie over cake. The hubs and I love to share a hostess pie as a treat every now and then -- cherry or lemon.
  21. I enjoy going to movies by myself. Everyone should try it.
  22. I don't like to wear plain white socks, I only wear "fun" socks.
  23. I'm really loving the Chevron pattern that's appearing all over these days. Need to get me some pillows or something.
  24. One of my very favorite things to do is hang at home with my hubby, doing not much of anything but being together.
  25. I'm a complete softy. It really doesn't take much to make me tear up -- nice notes, commercials, cute kids, touching images, etc. I get especially weepy when I'm super proud of the people I love the most.
  26. Costco really overwhelms me. All of those items in bulk. We are just two people in an 1100 sq ft home, we can NOT shop there. I know it's a wonderful place, but until we have a larger family, I just can't go in there unless absolutely necessary.
  27. I'm totally grossed out by touching raw meat, which is a problem that I'm working on since I try to cook dinner at least four nights a week. UGH it's just so nasty.
  28. I sometimes laugh at inappropriate times.
  29. I love my hubby so dang much, I mean I really do (not a surprise to you I know). He's always so sweet to me, he told me last night that my bday is one of the best days of the year:) And I woke up to the Hunter rain boots I've been wanting and sweet cards that made me tear. Now I just need some rain so we can go puddle jumping.
  30. I have a dream, and that dream is for a dishwasher that's not me or hubby man. Someday we'll be able to rinse and place in the fancy machine, set and forget. Oh the possibilities I see.
  31. I wake up every day and pray and hope that today might be the day that our baby finds us. That our lawyer or someone calls us to say that a birth family wants to meet us. I'm desperately wishing that this Thirty True year of mine makes my deepest, truest dream come true -- a sweet baby for my hubster and me.
  32. I know that New Year's is the typical time to reflect on your last year and think forward to what you might see/want/hope for the future, but for me I usually use my birthday as that time. Today is the start of my new year. Renewed hope for so many things in my life, that despite so many trials I keep plugging forward for. Here's to Thirty True!
** I have a few birthday buddies out there, hope you all have the best day too! **

3 comments:

Aim said...

I think you should be thirty poo for the sake of your blog! heee heee
LOVE YOU, birthday girl...especially your random laughing and crying episodes and I'm sooo happy to not be the only person who walks around Costco with hives!!!! :)

Megan Harris said...

<3!!!!!

Rocio said...

What a great way to start your new Thirty True year!