Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Taking Steps

I Take Steps for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) for so many reasons. I Take Steps so that some day there will be a cure for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and others won’t have to take the same steps I have. I Take Steps to help those suffering from IBD know that they are not alone. I Take Steps to show it loud and proud that having IBD is nothing to be ashamed of. I Take Steps to show myself and my friends and family, that although this disease has ravaged years of my life, I will always keep fighting for my health and my livelihood.

The CCFA is an organization so close to my heart. Dealing with these chronic illnesses can be lonely, scary and devastating both physically and emotionally. Knowing the CCFA is out there fighting for all of us patients and is dedicated to finding a cure, is more than comforting, it gives a sense of hope that is sometimes lost in the depths of dealing with Crohn’s or Colitis.

For that reason, we will be participating in the CCFA's Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis walk on Sunday, June 27th. This will be our second year as part of team Poo Crew. See this post on a recap from last year.

I have a goal of raising $1500. So far, because I'm so blessed with so many people who love and support me, I've raised $1125! If you would like to help me get to my goal and kick the crap out of these diseases, click on the Take Steps logo on the top right of my sidebar. Any amount means we are one step closer to making sure others don't have to suffer.

I'm really looking forward to this day and it's one of the main reasons I pushed my surgery a week. I was not going to let this latest set back keep me from something that means so much to me. Take that!

I Take Steps because I want everyone to know that Inflammatory Bowel Disease does not define who I am. It’s a part of my story, but I want it to be a part that makes me stronger.

Will you Take Steps with me?

No comments: