Monday, June 28, 2010

Steps Taken

Yesterday was the Take Steps Walk for Crohn's and Colitis. It was honestly one of my best days. I was surrounded by so many people who love me and support me. I was wrapped in warmth and love and felt so very blessed with the people in my life.
The munchkins I love so much were there to be part of the Poo Crew. My oh-so-cute god daughter even made a sign to show her support. Isn't she a doll? (all the munchies were dressed in brown as my little poopletts, how cute is that:)
The hubs and I in our Poo Crew shirts and CCFA swag. He's my biggest supporter, always looking out for me and making sure I'm not pushing too hard and that I'm ok. What a guy!
Me and my little buddy J. He melted me as usual when his face lit up as soon as he saw me and wanted to show me all kinds of stuff. He made me cry when at the end of the night he gave me a hug and said, "Good Luck Al, I love you!"
I was actually standing this year and walked so much more. Just walking from the parking structure to the area was more than I could walk last year. Thank you for no poop falling out of my booty.
Some of the gang who came out to walk with us. My Kpouch mama and sista are on the right!
Well after the first hill, I realized I couldn't walk any further. The pain was just too great. I was defeated, even though I knew that would be the outcome. I shed a few tears with the hubby, but then our posse came back to rescue us. I jumped into the wagon with two of my best buddies, J and A and off we went.
It's a humbling experience to have so many people show their support for me. I like to be the supporter and it's often hard to take it back, but so worth it.
My girls and most of the munchkins. These ladies and their children build me up more than I can say. I honestly can't thank them enough for all they do to make me laugh, hug me when I cry, share their kiddos with me and for really just allowing me to be a part of their lives. I love you!
Here's the full Poo Crew, members of our support group and our friends and families. Our team raised over $5000 for the cause. I was able to raise almost $2000 and the entire event is on course to raise $117,000. It feels so good to know we are doing our small part to help fund research to kick the crap out of Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis.

After the walk our friends and their families all went out to dinner. It was the perfect ending to our day, sitting on the patio with the kids making us laugh. Enjoying great conversation with our best friends. And for me, it was a great relaxer entering this week. I was very teary at the end of the night hugging all good bye, knowing that the next time I would see them would be after surgery and it was almost as if we all got geared up for a game we've played before.

Thank you to everyone who has donated to the CCFA on my behalf. I'm honored that you would do so for a cause that means so much to me. It is my hope that someday others won't have to suffer from these diseases. If you'd still like to donate you can until July 25, just click the logo in my top right side bar.

And to the C, M an N Families, Kpouch Sista S and my awesome husband, thank you for joining the Poo Crew, spending your Sunday evening with me and for always being there just when I need you most.

I am stronger because of each of you and because of this fight I fight everyday. Thank you is not enough for what you all do for me. Poo Crew for life.

1 comment:

Mrs.Newton said...

This was the best day EVER! We were so happy to be able to support you and finding a cure. We love you so much and will be standing right by your side FOREVER!! XOXO
J, C & K