Wednesday, January 6, 2010

That was SOOO 2009

We've made some good changes already here in the first week of 2010. It's out with the old and in with the new! Want to see what I'm talking about...Here you go.


2009 = Hospital trips, surgery, medical tests, hospital gowns, meds, pain, lack of freedom, frustration at my broken body and a broken system...


2010 = My first trip back to the gym in THREE years, with my new plumbing and no butt holding. I know the photo is U-G-L-Y, but it had to be posted for posterity -- this is a momentous occasion. Although I'm still working on my stamina and a few little bumps*, the big thing is I could actually go to the gym. I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes going 1 MPH (yes they go that slow.) I've been back twice since. Yee Haw.


2009 = Minty green bathroom paint, that although was a happy color was peeling and causing problems.


2010 = Sophisticated plum color paint. The hubby spent his holiday break from work carefully repainting our bathroom. I LOVE that man and I HEART the new paint.

2009 = Crappy, yes I said it Crappy, HMO health insurance.


2010 = New and improved PPO insurance. Sure it may cost more out of pocket but the headaches of dealing with the red-tape should be gone.

Here's to many more positive changes, this year is off to a great start.

* Unfortunately my abscesses are acting up again and have been for the last few weeks. I finally conceded that I need to get it taken care of and will be going to see Super Surgeon Dude tomorrow. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to see him until my scheduled appt on the 21. And the gas, oh the gas it really doesn't give me an inch. What can you do, some things are going to take a little longer to change than others;) *

2 comments:

Mrs.Newton said...

Onward and upward in 2010! YAY!

Aim said...

Your poor bathroom has been through a lot- it was so nice of you to reward it with a makeover! LOVE the wall color...can't wait t see it in person!