Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Moving Forward

Howdy. Here's the latest, emotionally I'm better than I was last week. Although, I haven't noticed a change with the antibiotics yet, I'm very hopeful that they will work. It's only been a week and if this is pouchitis, it's been hanging around for almost a year so it's going to take a little bit to notice a difference. 

After days more of stalking, I mean calling, Sphincter man's spazzy medical assistant and my insurance I finally got all the tests and follow up appt approved and scheduled today (sidenote, the medical assistant never did anything and has been out sick but I finally got someone else in the office to help me.) I will have my anal manometry test next Monday and my follow up appt next Thursday. Unfortunately because I'm on antibiotics now, I can't do the hydrogen breath test. Not sure what that does or means, but will discuss at the appt next week. My fecal defocography test couldn't be scheduled until the end of March, but I'm on the cancellation list so hopefully it will happen sooner. 

All in all, things are moving forward and at least we are trying something to try and solve some of my issues. My mom is here visiting and that also helps tremendously with the emotional well being. Thank you to everyone for their support and understanding of my emotions. 

1 comment:

Natalia Ritchie said...

Keep on living each day, and a resolution will come. I believe it.