Friday, December 19, 2008

Revised Approval Update

This just in...

I spoke to the med assistant this morning, of course I called since I hadn't heard from her and although she's still not great and initiating the follow up, when I call these days she seems more than eager to get me an answer -- that gift really worked, woo hoo. She called me back a few hours later and here's what she said:

1. The follow up appointment which she was told was approved on Tuesday, actually wasn't approved, the insurance people were looking at the appt they approved the week before -- don't you just love that. So this is actually still in the process of being reviewed, cross your fingers they just approve it.
2. The wireless capsule enderoscopy has been approved to be done at Cedars -- YEAH! So she gave me the approval number and I called and left a message to make the appt. Hopefully they'll call me back Monday to schedule, although the appt probably won't be able to be scheduled until after the new year. 
3. The GI Motility referral is also still being reviewed by the insurance. So pretty, please with a cherry on top insurance people approve this...it's a must to help with a major problem.

So we are still 1 for 3, just a little different order. Good news is at least I am moving forward with scheduling the wireless capsule. I can't even schedule the follow up appt until 2 and 3 are done anyway, so it's ok if it takes the next 2 weeks to get the approval. 

1 comment:

J@yeJ said...

Sending you prayers and thinking of you for tomorrow's appt! Keep your chin up and a smile on your face!
Sincerely,
Insomnia