Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Hubby, The Man

As we head into this holiday season, I wanted to take a moment to let you all know the greatest things about my best gift -- My Hubby. There's no better match for me and everyday I'm thankful that we found each other at such a young age. What we've been through together over the last 10 years is more than most will go through in a lifetime, but traveling the journey together makes it all bearable and I wouldn't trade in any of my time with him. So to mark 10 years together here are 10 things I love about the Hubby, The Man...

1. He's Hilarious
His humor is witty and off the cuff. He makes me crack up everyday.
2. He's So Smart and Articulate
I love the nerdy side of this man, he loves the history channel and what I call nerd TV. But he knows so much random info about a broad range of topics, I must ask him everyday how he knows this stuff. Plus when having a larger discussion he's so articulate when presenting his opinions...I love it.
3. He's Sweet and Caring
He has such a gentle and kind heart. He'd do anything to help someone in need. He's the guy who will help the little old lady at the store, or stop to help a stranded driver on the side of the road. When people hurt the hubby it makes me very angry, because he truly lives by doing the right thing and paying it forward. Good karma is definitely on this man's side.
4. He's a Gentleman
He opens doors, let's ladies go first, shares his food and will get up to help someone even if he doesn't want to.
5. He Loves our Cats Like they are Kids
He denies he's a cat guy, but he loves our little kitties, especially our Buddy. He throws him over his shoulder, kisses him and just plain likes him around. (this pic is three years old)

6. He loves just being
He doesn't have to be doing something all the time. Some of our favorite times are just being together, we don't even have to talk, just being in the same room is enough. He knows how to relax and I love that. 
7. He Loves My Family and They Love Him Just as Much
I love that he loves my family and they love him not because they are all important to me but because they truly like being around each other.


8. He's Darn Cute
Not much more I can say, you are seeing the pics:)
9. He's The Best Partner
We tackle everything as a team, and have so much mutual respect for each other. I can't imagine going through life any other way. Knowing that we support each other in all we do is the most comforting feeling and also knowing we can  disagree and still love each other is even better. 
10. He Loves Me for Me
His love for me is unconditional and I can be myself all the time -- the good, the bad, the ugly, the sick -- and I know it doesn't matter to him. Through this whole journey of me being sick and losing my dad, he has been a constant angel by my side. He has never once hesitated to do anything to help me, support me and make me feel better. He reminds me in my darkest hours of all the reasons he loves me and picks me up when I am down. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful man holding my hand through life. I love you babe!!
There are so many more things I love about my hubby, so many things so little space:) Anyone who knows this guy knows that he's one of the great ones. Merry Christmas to all.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Wow! Very well-written and also I agree with a lot of what you said. A great depiction of Chuck. That is why I am so proud and fortunate that he is my brother. I love you both and hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Jenn Ciscel said...

AWWWW!! Chuck is quite a handsome fella, huh?? I believe that Chuck is the lucky one! I think that YOU make Chuck the man that he is. Like they say.... behind every good man is a better woman!!! love you guys!! xoxoxoxo