Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What's Happening


Just a quick little update. We've had one of the best, busiest, craziest weeks around here. What we've been up to would make a "normal" person tired (just ask the hubs) so you can only imagine what it's doing to my poor little body. I'm wiped, can barely move and well it's just a testament that even good stress wreaks havoc.

I did Humira again on Monday, still hurts like crazy but thanks to my Crohnie friend, I take 2 tylenol about half hour before and it takes the edge off. Thanks P! And although I'm not seeing a huge difference day to day, what I am noticing is that about 5 days before my injection things start to get more painful -- both bowel and joint -- so maybe it's helping a bit in that first week. Fingers crossed that's the case and that the more I have in my system the more I'll notice.

So as usual, all I can do is listen to myself, stand up for myself, say no even when I hate it, and remember that even though I want to do everything, that's just not my reality, it's not my normal. It's hard, it stinks but it's ok.

And even though my body sucks. Life is good.

No comments: