Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Things Courtesy of iPhone

I've been spending much of the last four days laying in bed or on the couch. My arthritis has been pretty relentless. But that's ok, I had the time and my body I'm sure will thank me, right? Anywho, thought you might like a little photo collage of some happy tids and bits of our lives the last few weeks.

 Happy animals that love each other. Charlie is squished at the back of HER crate, while Buddy takes up the most space. They really do tolerate each others crazy antics so well, it still cracks me up, two years later.

 I love how little kids really seize moments. This day, A asked if we could eat lunch outside like a picnic with a blanket. How can you say no to that.

 We went to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for one of their summer movies. You may be thinking, movie in the Cemetery, C-R-E-E-P-Y? But no it wasn't, it was so fun. Everyone crammed in on a lawn area, eating, drinking and having fun. We saw Grease, and being in the group setting with everyone singing along made it that much more exciting. 

 Hubs and I got to be part of an advertising photo shoot for a national paint your own pottery place. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon. As you can see the hubs was living the model lifestyle;)

 New bedding! I'm one that likes to mix things up every so often, so I don't like to spend a ton on bedding. This whole bed make over -- sheets, pillowcases, blanket, duvet cover -- cost just under $100. I'm in love with yellow and gray right now.

 When my mama was here, we got to see the documentary, First Position, about a ballet competition. We loved it. And I love her.

 A couple of weeks ago I finally, after much urging from my hubby, purchased a N.ook ereader after thinking about it for over six months. I was hesitant to give up the good old book, but I love it. It's so much friendlier on my wrists and I can have so many books loaded on it. Then I discovered if you have a library card to your city's public library you can borrow ebooks from it's website. How cool is that? So I went and got myself a library card today, a local library branch is just 1/2 mile from our house. I have to say it's been probably 15 years since I was in a public library and I was pretty excited to get my card. Now to start borrowing online.

Celebrating exciting things with good friends! I love the iPhone for letting you take self portraits, and for the hubs long arms that make them actually good looking photos,

1 comment:

Rocio said...

Loved reading/seeing all your happy things lately! How fun to do the shoot and Grease (also one of my personal faves) at the cemetery. And, of course, your new bedding is awesome - love the grey and yellow! I am bummed to hear how you're feeling though! Thinking positive thoughts for you! Hugs!