Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Patience

They say it's a virtue right. Well it's one of the "lessons" that's been a constant during these last five years, and really my entire life, most things have come to me after recognizing my innate need to be as patient as possible, sometimes frustratingly so.

And currently patience is the mantra I keep repeating to myself and those around me. I did my second Humira shots last Tuesday. I did the two at home when the hubs got home from work around 8p.m. I waited all day because I wanted him to be here for moral support, so all day I kept saying to myself patience even though the nerves kept rearing up while I waited. And I'm so glad I did.

And now today, it's been three weeks since my initial dose of four shots with the nurse. We must remember that the GI said it could be 4-8 weeks before I see any real noticeable improvement. And I saw my rheumy last week and he said that for many of his arthritis patients it takes up to 12 weeks for results. So again we must practice patience, waiting for time to pass, being hopeful and strong in my belief that this WILL work. But we aren't even in the window of time that either doctor gave me yet. Yes it would have been wonderful if I was one of those patients that saw improvement in the first 2 weeks, but I think I'm ok with all of this because I was realistic from the beginning about my body and how it's reacted in the past.

It is hard to be patient, especially when you are waiting to feel better and not be in so much pain. But it's the only option I've got and if I don't sit back and remain positive that this will work in time, then I'm not giving it the full opportunity it needs to do its job.

1 comment:

Rocio said...

Oh, how I want this to work for you. And soon. But you're right, you must be patient and stay in the positive mindset that this will work. Because I know it will....