Sunday, December 11, 2011

CCFA Rocked Las Vegas

We got back mid last week from another great CCFA Team Challenge weekend in Las Vegas. It was jam packed with CCFA love and as last year was the experience reminded me that there are people all over the country fighting for the same cause.

The hubs has raised close to $3,500 this season (it's not too late to donate, go here) I'm so proud, but what just blew us away is that the 1,200 Team Challenge participants in this Las Vegas event have already raised more than $4 million dollars for CCFA! I still get goose bumps thinking about that and am so humbled.

We feel so lucky to be a part of this great organization and the Team Challenge family. Vegas is definitely a tradition for us now.

Enjoy a barrage of photos, they are in reverse order of the weekend, sorry....

My cutie at mile 2!

With some of our TC family, love these guys.

The hubs with D, my buddy and co-facilitator of the support group I help run. He ran the entire 1/2 marathon, his first, in 2hr20min all unknowingly with pancreatitis that put him in the hospital last week -- AMAZING!

My best peeps, could not be more proud of them and all they do for me.

Love him, doesn't he look so cute pre-race.

Mike McCreedy of Pearl Jam, who has Crohn's disease, spoke at the Inspirational Pasta Party on Saturday night.

The cheer line as you enter the Pasta Party. All 1200 TC participants and their families are greeted to this as they enter the dinner. I can't even explain the energy and tone it sets for the rest of the emotional evening. That dinner is one of my favorite parts of the weekend.

One of our TC teammates made me this awesome love knot blanket in CCFA colors. I was so touched and of course I cried. Thanks L, so proud of all you accomplished.

Me and J, love this pic, but love her more.

Have I mentioned how awesome these two are? This was their 3rd 1/2 marathon in 12 months! And all told with TC, combined they have raised more than $15,000 for CCFA.

With these dedicated people and the awesome programs of CCFA a cure is definitely on the way.

No comments: