Saturday, December 11, 2010

They ROCKED Las Vegas!

This past Sunday was the Las Vegas Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon for CCFA. We had a great trip, full of lots of love, inspiration, entertainment and fun. But the most exciting thing, and of course the reason for the whole trip, was watching these two rock those 13.1 miles with grace and style for a wonderful cause.

Enjoy some pics of the runners!

Ahh, victory! Don't they look awesome for just running a 1/2 marathon.

Before the big race, bright and early at 5:45 a.m. (Wun = walking and running)

Just about to cross the finish line, she wan the whole thing in an impressive 2hr56mins! Well below her goal time:)

Looking cute and pumped just steps from the finish line. The hubs ran the entire way in 2hr17mins!!! Can you believe it!? I can:)

I could not be more proud or humbled by these two very special people. They took on this challenge to help make the lives of all of us suffering from IBD better. They each raised $5k+ towards education, research, support programs and awareness for Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis (and they both became chapter VIPs by raising so much.) Plus they both accomplished personal goals of completing the actual run.

I've said it a million times before, but I am one of the most blessed people. I'm surrounded by such love and support and souls who want to do anything they can to lighten my load.

To the Hubs and J, thank you for all you did to get to Vegas, but more importantly what you do for me on a daily basis to carry me through my tough spots and cheer me on during my victories. Hugs and Love!

No comments: