Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No Place Like Home

Yahoo, we got to come home yesterday. All things considered yesterday's surgery was a breeze compared to what I've been through. Plus the hubs got to use his bloggy skills all day yesterday, which kept us cracking up.

I was so happy to be able to sleep in my own bed, free and clear of IV noises, hospital smells, etc. I did get a McD's hamburger but unfortunately I didn't feel much like eating so I had just a few bites. The hubs was right though, it did make me smile:)

I'm super sore and in pain and still wiped out, but plan on lying low for the next five days to make sure I don't push myself too hard and tick my sensitive body off.

In other good news, Super Surgeon Dude was able to go in through the stoma opening (he detached the stoma from the abdominal wall and cleaned the abscess out from there.) I have a small drainage tube, about the size of a coffee straw hanging out about an inch above the stoma to drain the abscess and any other goo in there. I'll get that out in two weeks.

That's the story for now. So happy to have it over with, FINALLY. Oh and I promise The And Beyond Part 2 will be posted by the end of the week;)

1 comment:

Sarah Andrews said...

I totally read all of your hubbie's updates but wasn't able to comment. I am really glad to read that you are home and resting. I hate surgery but the benefits are so worth it. Feel better.