Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Need For A Cure

(click the pic to visit my Poo Crew page)

Last night as I sat mentally gearing myself up for my Humira injection, as it tends to do at random moments, it hit me again just how important finding a cure for Inflammatory Bowel Disease really is. It's become second nature to me to live in this dysfunctional body, only really getting me down mentally here and there (especially when I have in inflict pain on myself!)

But something that I never can accept is the new people being diagnosed and living through this hell every single day. Now that makes me mad. And because of that, I will not stop volunteering, raising awareness and vital funds for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.

CCFA is dedicated to finding a cure for IBD, but until that day, they are also completely focused on patient programs of support, education and empowerment. Every day those of us involved in CCFA are focused on reaching the 1.4 million Americans who suffer, in one way or another.

This Sunday, I will be walking again in the Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis with my team The Poo Crew. It is a wonderful and inspiring event that I'm proud to be a part of. Our team has a goal of raising $10,000 this year and we are just over 80% of the way there.

If you would like to support us again in this journey, please click here. So many of you who read this blog faithfully, have continued to support the hubs and I in so many ways over the past five years and it continues to amaze us. Thank you just isn't enough.

You all help us continue to Take Steps to flushing IBD down the toilet by reading this blog, spreading awareness and helping to fund research for a cure.

No comments: