Monday, June 27, 2011

We Took Steps

Yesterday was the CCFA Take Steps walk that I've been hyping up around here;) And it was a great day -- beautiful weather, wonderful people and an inspiring energy.

I was once again reminded in the most lovely way, how lucky I am to have the friends and family I do. I was surrounded by so many of the people I love most in this world! They really do help make my world work and I don't know what I would do without them. An old family friend even surprised me by coming with his wife and it made my heart swell.

My Little Buddy, J, sporting his Poo Crew Spirit.

My hubs takes such good care of me, keeps his eye out for me to make sure I don't need anything and reminding me not to push myself too hard.

My sweet mom was here from Nor Cal. She's been my biggest supporter every day for my whole life and I love her to the moon and back.

We love these kiddos SO very much.

My best girls and their girls (minus A and the lone boy J.)

I was able to walk a little further along the route this year with the help of my crutch and then I hitched a ride in the wagon again for the rest.

Thanks to so many of you, I was able to raise close to $2,200! And my team, the Poo Crew, will come in close to $9,000 when all the totals from yesterday are entered. Can you believe that! We sure did kick some serious IBD booty this year, while spreading education to so many more patients.

Being so empowered feels so good!

1 comment:

R. McCarter said...

I have been a registered nurse for 17 years and I have started a blog about the government and the alarming fact that you and your families personal privacy is at risk. The new HIPAA 5010 law that passed this year sets legal standards for the confiscation and de-identification of yours and your families’ personal electronic health care records. There is now no legal reason for permission to be obtained from you in order for your personal health care records to be confiscated and distributed to clearinghouses for de-identification and used so called research. Most health care providers do not know this and certainly most U.S. citizens are not aware of this. Follow my blog and learn how to take control and keep the government and other private agencies from accessing your private health information. Follow my blog at http://blogbur.blogspot.com