Sunday, March 20, 2011

Charlie Girl

(In the car on our way back from Nor Cal, don't mind the mess on the seat.)

Who's been wondering how this cute face is doing? Maybe nobody, but I thought it was time for a little update on our Charlie girl.

She has grown so much, and is now 52.5 lbs. I honestly can't believe I have that big of a dog. If you don't know me, I'm not that much of a dog person;)

As of last week she was officially released from the dog orthopedist after five months of recovery. It was a little hairy there for a while, but the limp is finally gone and aside from a cool scar, her knee is back in working order.

My one wish for Christmas, was dog training lessons. That was two-fold, Charlie has a LOT of anxiety and energy AND I needed to be trained as well. So I did my famous research and found a great dog trainer, who we LOVE.

We've had six sessions, of eight, so far and things are definitely improving. We have some tools on keeping her focused and some discipline techniques that are really helping. We've learned that she's a working breed so she needs "tasks" to do, also she has anxiety especially around new men, so we have been practicing with friends and guests some techniques to keep her calm.

We still have a lot of work to do, but I'm SO glad we are doing this. It sounds a little hoidy, towdy to say we have a Dog Trainer, but we really needed it!

As crazy as she can be, we love this little face so much. She's so cute, sweet and pretty entertaining. We are so glad to have in our little family (even if the cats could do without her!)

No comments: